Monday, June 23, 2008

The tests that started it all....

I was feeling sorta weird the end of April, beginning of May. My periods aren't always regular, so when I missed April, I didn't freak out.


May 1, a Thursday, I pulled out an old pregnancy test from under the sink. I tee teed on it and it was positive. So, I bathed and drove to the nearest drug store and bought two more tests and a bottle of Izzie(r) Grapefruit juice.


After getting two more positive results, I freaked totally out.
My mom was supposed to meet me that day and we were supposed to hang out. When she got to our house, I told her I needed her to help me with something upstairs. I showed her the tests. She didn't get to excited but suggested we go get a blood test at my gynecologist's office.


After waiting what seemed like an eternity, our prayers were answered. I was 6 weeks along. (Which was confirmed the NEXT DAY!)


I told Mr. Moose by wrapping up a pacifier and giving him a "Thank goodness for babies" card.


Needless to say, I never knew two pink lines could change our lives so.
I'm so anxious, excited, nervous, scared, elated, etc. all rolled into one. I only hope we will be good parents to our little one.

1 comments:

lslslslslsls said...

I pulled out an old pregnancy test too. Although just one positive was enough for me to freak. My life completely changed as soon as I read "Pregnant". There's no looking back, and its the most wonderful journey of my entire life. :D My mom was the first person I told, but Miguel was the first to know. I showed him the test and he couldn't believe it. He was pretty excited too.