Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Induction" Info

Mr. Moose and I went to my OB appointment yesterday. We had our last sonogram of our son. He is soooooooooooo handsome, just like his daddy!


He already weighs 7 lbs. and 11 oz. He is totally normal and even has a little pot belly (like his Mommy always has). He is such a sweetie.


After the sonogram, we had our appointment. We were given some news we were totally NOT expecting.
My doctor told us he wants to induce my labor for a number of reasons:

1) If Baby Moose gets much bigger, he won't fit through my pelvis so a Cesarean section might be needed. (I want to avoid this if at all possible.)

2) My doctor will be out of town during my scheduled due date. (I want him to deliver our son!)

3) It's best for our health (the baby and I) That's all we needed to hear.


We plan on going to the hospital Monday, December 22 to be induced. This means our son will arrive December 23. We will be discharged Christmas afternoon. So much for our "traditional" Christmas, but I think we have a great excuse.

We have 11 days and that seems like plenty of time until I look around and see things that need to be done.

Gosh! We're soooooooooooo excited! Yay!!!!!!!!!

(BTW, my signature won't load AGAIN! What's the deal-i-o?)

0 comments: