Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where have you been?

I'm so sorry I am so late posting.

I started having
Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday and have not felt like getting on the computer. I've sat in a warm bath, rubbed some Vick's vaporub on my tummy and have taken some Tylenol. (All advised to me by my obstetrical nurse) I'm feeling a smidge better so I thought I'd do some work here on the computer.
Mr. Moose and I had our baby shower for Baby Moose on Saturday. My mother, father and sister worked their hineys off decorating, sending out invitations and purchasing food. It was a great success and we both had a blast!
My Daddy even made a homemade frame for the Winnie the Pooh painting my mother painted for Baby Moose. They match the nursery perfectly! My sister knitted a blankie for Baby Moose that also matches his nursery. They all worked so hard and I felt so happy and grateful. I know Mr. Moose did too.
We had 47 guests at our baby shower. We received TONS of gifts from everyone. Diapers, wet wipes. clothes, toys, safety items, bibs, blankets, photo albums. You name it, we got it! I never knew we were so loved by everyone. It was an overwhelming feeling.
My bff Monica stayed and helped my family clean up after the shower. She then took me home. My mom told her she should have had her because she was one of her girls, too. That made me so happy.
BTW, Monica's selling some of her handmade jewelry online now. Check out her blog either in my sidebar or HERE.
As for the weekend, Friday, I slept all day....(I'm so tired here lately), Saturday was our baby shower and Sunday was church and laundry day (<---JOY!)
Oh, and some sad news. My grandmother's sister, Edsel, passed away Saturday. Please pray for her family's strength during their time of grief. She was 80 something so she had a long, full life. Still, it has to be tough losing a dear family member.
Also, I'm considering deleting my food/recipe blog. What do ya'll think?
Ciao for Now!


0 comments: