Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Ready For Baby (Kitty-Style)

(No, this isn't our kitty. Mr. Moose won't let her on my bump.)
I read somewhere recently that it's important to introduce our kitty to Baby Moose as soon as we can. Since I can't remove him for her to sniff, I've taken to bathing in Baby wash, washing my hair with baby shampoo and moisturizing with baby oil and lotion. She can sniff me and hopefully become used to baby's sent before he gets here.

Keep your fingers crossed! We are going to try our best to make the transition from 2 to 3 as stress-free as possible for Moosey-Cat. I love her and want her around despite the newest addition to "The Funky Bunch".

2 comments:

lslslslslsls said...

Wow, that's a really cute kitty. Looks just like one of the cats that use to follow me everywhere. That's pretty smart to make yourself smell like baby so your kitty will become familiar with it. I'm sure it will work. Your belly looks so cute!! Hi little baby!!

MommaBoo said...

Your belly is cute as a button, too!

I'm hoping being proactive in this way will make the transition easier for all of us.

Miss Moosey Cat has been our baby for almost 5 years, afterall. I still want her to be part of our family even after Baby Moose gets here.