Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Late" Update



I should have updated yesterday, but I'm a lazy slob! (Only I can say that about myself, thank you!)

Saturday, my mom, sister and I had a "Girl's Day Out". We got two black kittens for my sister. We had Indian cuisine for lunch, went to a pottery workshop, bought some goodies at the Dollar Tree and had afternoon "desserts" at Applebee's. It was a wonderful time being with my mom and sis. Something tells me to enjoy times like that now, because after Baby Moose is born, I'm sure they'll happen less and less often.

My daddy has built me two changing tables for our son. One for his nursery and one to set up down stairs. I like the idea of having a "changing station" on both levels. That way, I won't have to run around trying to find what I need. If I stock them identically, hopefully, I will be able to avoid that inconvenience. And the fact that my daddy actually MADE them is awesome, too! Sure, we could've bought something, but his own craftsmanship makes it more special, to me. He plans to turn them into bookshelves when changing is no longer required. AWESOME!

Mr. Moose moved the computer stuff into our "office" this weekend. Now we can begin working on the nursery. I'm soooooooooooo bloody excited! There is a bookshelf and organizing system that still needs to be moved, but at least we've started. I can hardly believe it! YAY!

I went onto my friend LYNDA'S blog this morning. Seems Lily enjoys being tucked away inside her mommy and didn't make her grand entrance yesterday. I told Lynda what I've always heard: First babies are usually late and not to worry. I'm so anxious for them, though!

Well, the county fair comes to town Friday. I always enjoy going. We never ride the rides because we are winnies. I do like the Ferris Wheel, however. We always like to look at the exhibits, sign up for sweepstakes and sample the fair cuisine. This year, I hope we'll be able to attend with my parents and sister/brother-in-law. I can already tell I'll have to have several breaks, however. I get so winded here lately.

Baby Moose is getting stronger everyday. Sometimes he kicks me and it takes my breath away. I know the little bugger is only 2 1/2 lbs. and 14 inches long, but he's a tough one. I just know he'll be a linebacker one day! :D

I'm gonna go take a nap now. I am partial to resting alot now because I won't get to when our son arrives.

Have a great day, all!

2 comments:

lslslslslsls said...

Glad to hear your little one is more active these days. Its such an endearing experience to feel life within you. So deserving of everything you have to offer.

Little Lily just might be fashionably late, but we're ready for her whenever she decides to make her debut. Soon enough we'll be a family of three. Woo hoo! Plans are changing, and people are coming together, so its a wonderful time for us. :D

MommaBoo said...

I like how you refer to it as "fashionably late". Cute! My sister and I both were two weeks "fashionably late". My sissy has yet to catch up and she's almost 26! :D

A family of three? That's so cool, us too.

I'm so happy things are going well for you and yours. It does my heart good just knowing it. :)