Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend, Mr. Moose promised to help me with our son's nursery. He now claims that he wants to wait until he gets his C-PAP machine so he'll know what to do we the mattress he sleeps on in the office, now. (Because he snores AND I disturb him when I get up 5+ times in the night to visit my new best friend, Mr. Potty!) Yet another weekend came and went without progress in Baby Moose's room. It's okay. I've made myself very clear that I will not be doing anything strenuous the last 8 to 10 weeks of my pregnancy. Mr. Moose better "get on the ball"!

Saturday evening I got a migraine headache. I tossed my cookies twice and felt genuinely horrible. I layed around all day yesterday (Sunday), but still feel "hungover". I hope I don't get another one. They suck BIG TIME! I'm still not over it and it's Monday, for goodness sake!

My momma suggested it may have come on because I was upset about the nursery. Who knows? Any who, my daddy brought his extention ladder by after church yesterday. Now my hub has "no excuse" but to run a new cable for this computer into the office. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

They also brought us a "cradle" to use downstairs. I will post a pic of it later today, hopefully. It was given to them by their pastor's daughter, whose daughter "outgrew" it. It's a dark wood, swinging cradle. It will be so conveient to use while our son's tiny enough to sleep in it. Having him with me no matter where I am (and not having to worry about dropping him while climbing stairs) is a load off my mind! It even came with a "Winnie the Pooh" moblie-type thingy. Cute! I am so jazzed!

I'm also stoked because my hubby FINALLY felt our son move yesterday. I've been feeling him from the inside for a while, but Mr. Moose felt him "kick" yesterday afternoon. It was a great experience, for all of us. YAY!

Well, my beloved Indianapolis Colts lost to the Chicago Bears last night. I finally gave up (which I don't do!) after the third quarter. I mean, what's the deal? Lotsa injuries last night, though. And Peyton's back but not like his "usual" self. It was a sucky end to a sucky day.

However, the University of Alabama, our college team, DID win Saturday. That was a great thing. They beat Tulane and we listened to it on the radio.

Well, that's it for now. I'll post a pic of our cradle this afternoon, hopefully!

1 comments:

lslslslslsls said...

Yeah, Mr. Potty is a cool new friend these days. He he. I do hope your hubby gets on the ball about the nursery. Miguel and I went through the same thing when it came to getting things together around that time in my pregnancy. I'd gently nudge him in the right direction and soon enough he realized that everything was coming down to the wire. I don't think our hubbies like to be blamed for delays, so they get their act together just in time for baby. Don't stress little lady. Just keep in mind that it WILL get done before Baby Moose makes his debut.

Sorry to hear about your migraine. I hope your hungover feeling is relieved soon today. That's nice of your parent's pastor's daughter to give you the cradle. I can definitely see how it will make having him near you that much more convenient for you. Hooray!

Miguel got to feel our baby kick around the same time. Koolies. How exciting. I bet he is pretty stoked. Now he'll want to see if he can feel the baby kick all the time! He he. I send my congrats. :D