Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Making Homemade Baby Food


Yesterday, my mom and & I went pittling about. We ALWAYS stop by the baby section in all stores we visit.

I saw the prices of some of the pre-packaged baby food in jars at the department stores we went to. I was surprised just how expensive those tiny jars of pureed food cost!

So, my mom suggested getting a small food processor and making my own baby food for our son. At least, she said, I'd know EXACTLY what I was feeding our little one.

I decided she was absolutely right (since she brought my sister and I up on homemade baby food!)



I plan on making up several pureed foods and putting them into microwavable/freezable storage containers. If I go ahead and do a little bit along before the baby arrives, I won't feel overwhelmed after he gets here.

I, of course, checked out "Baby Food Recipes" online and found the following website very helpful: WholesomeBabyFood.com

Now I need to find a way to make my own formula! :D


2 comments:

lslslslslsls said...

Glad you decided on making baby food for your little one as opposed to buying food those pricey containers. I'm definitely doing the same. I'd feel better about preparing food for my baby rather than buying food that has all those preservatives and artificial stuff. Thanks for posting the site as well. I'm on my way to check it out. :D

MommaBoo said...

Great minds think alike, I always say! :D