Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mrs. Moose...MIA?

I apologize for not posting since last week. My girlfriend, Monica, expressed concern yesterday about my health and/or happiness. I just been really stressed out and upset about my glucose test. I am sorry I haven't been updating you all about it.
As you know, last week I had a 1-hour test and was found to be on the borderline. Tuesday, I had a 3-hour test to verify if my glucose was to high, thus gestational diabetes.
I have yet to receive the results, but it is only Thursday. I'm so nervous to find out if I'm okay.
Let's see...
Saturday, we were unable to get into our storage unit, which we have since vacated, so we were unable to assemble our son's crib. Mr. Moose was livid. Needless to say, after calling the police and complaining, his anxieties were not abated.
We attended the County Fair Saturday morning, but only looked at exhibits and saw the circus. We rarely ride rides and DEFINITELY couldn't this year, 'cos I'm "in the family way". A funnel cake, lemonade and an orange slush were the food we enjoyed. We also looked at the classic cars and one of Mr. Moose's college professors entered her 1962 Chevrolet Corvette. It was gorgeous!
Monday, we were actually able to access our storage shed and emptied it out. (we finished up Tuesday night) Thankfully, all of our "stuff" we were able to remove. The thing is, it's all in our carport and I have to go through it and get rid of most of it.....I am NOT looking forward to that! (I've been told to do some major downsizing.)
Sunday we napped, watched Pro football and I washed some of our son's linens. It was a lazy Sunday, the way most are.
Monday we had a dental appointment, Mr. Moose's sleep doctor's appointment and another appointment in the afternoon (which he canceled). I went through some baby things of our son's Monday afternoon while Mr. Moose napped.
Monday night was a killer. I was told "NO FOOD" after midnight. I ate a huge dinner and even had a snack before retiring. I woke up with a headache and never went back to sleep because I couldn't take any medication for it. I only got about 2 hours of sleep. Needless to say, I felt awful Tuesday at my 3-hour test.
I had to give vile upon vile of blood. Once an hour for 3 hours. And one for a baseline and another because my blood missed the vile totally. (Irritation much!) My mother was with me and chose to fast also. (which she didn't have to do, but she did, bless her sweet heart)
After being poked and prodded for 4 hours, we ate some lunch. (YES!) Miraculously my head felt better after that. I so hope I'll never have to do that again, but if it's for my son, I will go through ANYTHING!
Wednesday (yesterday) I layed around the house and rested. My arms are still sore from the needle sticks. I hope I have FINALLY gotten caught up on my rest.
Today, Mr. Moose and I are having lunch (Which I'm looking forward to).
Like I said, my friend Monica called me yesterday and she told me their t.v. was on the fritz. It's been repaired, so YAY! I wouldn't know WHAT to do without my "boob tube". She and her hubby, Brian, are officially Baby Moose's aunt and uncle. We can hardly wait for Baby Moose to meet them. We love 'em, so I know he will too!
Well, I hope that's brought everyone up to speed on the drama that is my life. Exciting? Not really. Irritating? Sometimes. Never ordinary? DEFINITELY!
Hope everyone has a good day. See you all tomorrow... (hopefully!)

0 comments: