Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF!


Well, I'm "whooped"!
I've had two migraines in as many days. They always make me feel "hung over". I feel as if I could sleep for most of the day and still be tired. Migraines suck. It's a combination of my hormones and the weather change, I'm sure of it. At least the medication I take for them doesn't have any ill effects on Baby Moose. That's the only good thing....


Wednesday, my friend Monica and I shopped for some maternity clothes (I needed them since it's cold now).


I purchased a fleece jacket, 2 pairs of maternity jeans, a pair of maternity leggings and two shirts (I plan on wearing turtle necks under them.) I tried before to find some maternity stuff in the various thrift and consignment shops here in town. All to no avail. Oh, well. I had to have something other than shorts, now that it's cooler weather. I feel bad about spending so much, but clothing is a necessity, right?


I got a migraine when my friend and I sat down at lunch. I ate my entire lunch sightless. Monica drove me home around 1:00 and I slept on the couch until about 5:00 or so. Mr. Moose picked up some dinner and I ate a little a promptly when upstairs and went back to sleep.


I got up yesterday morning, saw Mr. Moose off, had some cereal and got ANOTHER migraine at about 7:45 or so. I slept on the couch again until about 11:45. It wasn't as bad as the first one, but it still sucked!


It got me thinking last night. It's going to be awful when (not if) I get one with our son. He's not going to understand that Mommy's head will be in a vice grip and that noise and such are not something that helps. Man, I dread it when it does happen.


Well, today's my 30th birthday. It's rainy, windy and cold outside. It looks just like a 30th birthday does, I guess. The thing is, I don't really care. As I've gotten older and have become pregnant, things like MY birthday really doesn't matter anymore. I can't even really tell anyone anything I'd want for a gift. Oh, well...


The thing is, now I understand how my mother feels/felt about so many things. It's ironic how much I understand now that we have one on the way. You know, she (and my Daddy) always told me I wouldn't understand completely until I "had one of my own". They were/are absolutely right!


My mom called me this morning and sang "Happy Birthday" to me, as did my Daddy. (They're soooooo sweet!) My Daddy also sent me a beautiful e-card and my friend LYNDA (who is doing great with her new daughter) sent me a happy b-day email.

Well, I'm fixing to go shower because my Daddy is taking me out for lunch and I want time enough for my hair to dry. (Baby Moose hates the loud sound of my blow dryer.)


Hope everyone has a great weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I knew your birthday was sometime soon, but couldn't remember the exact date - well, it has been, like, 11 years! Anyway, hope you have a good day!
Carol

MommaBoo said...

Thank you, sweet girl!

How's eveything going your way? Is everything good? I hope so!

Thank you again for your well wishes.