Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Update Moose-Style

Well, here I am again. Ready for some weekend info? I thought so. :D
Friday it was rainy and kinda blah. I felt down, so my momma and I went to a flea market so she could find a "bumper pad" for Baby Moose's crib at their home. Spoiled rotten kid, not even born yet and already spoiled rotten! (<--just like his mommy!)
Friday was also the one-week birthday of my friend Lynda's daughter. She emailed me and let me know they are all doing well. I'm so happy for them. YAY! She is a beautiful little lady, just like her mommy!
I also received two hand-made "blankies" from Mr. Moose's aunt in Arizona. They're sooooo adorable. I put them on the bassinet downstairs. I'll post a pic of them in my pic post following this one. They're so nice, I don't wanna use them in fear they'll be ruined. Oh, well......
Saturday, Mr. Moose put our son's crib together while I went through some boxes we'd removed from storage. The crib is PERFECT! I am so proud of my hubby. My parent's bought the crib back in May for our anniversary. I was thrilled to see it all put together. The nursery is really coming together now! YIPPIE!!!!!
My parents came to our house Saturday to assist my hub with the assemblage of the crib, but he ended up not needing any help. It was nice "showing it off", though! The natural honey finish is perfect. I am highly impressed.
My mother and I put on Baby Moose's crib linens. They are Winnie the Pooh (r), of course! He even has a Pooh valance, but I didn't have the hardware to hang it. I'll get it hung soon enough. I am sooooo jazzed! I will post some pics of the Pooh Nursery in my pic post.
My sister and her husband came by for a visit with us and our parents. We had lunch at McDonald's because Mr. Moose is convinced he'll win $100,000 at Monopoly. Man, don't they have the absolute best french fries?
My parents went home after lunch. My sissy and her hubby stayed with us and watched the Alabama football game on our digital television. We had bbq chicken, green salad, baked beans and yeast rolls for dinner. We also had Moose Tracks(r) Ice Cream for dessert. It was fun! I'm soooo glad they had a long visit with us. We don't see them near enough. We don't see ANYONE near enough, or so I think.
Sunday I spent the afternoon washing infant clothing and "being lazy". Mr. Moose did lotsa work and rested in the afternoon, as well. (My Indianapolis Colts lost, which I thought was a real bummer.) Sunday was like what they're always like, lazy and uneventful.
That's the big update. Are you impressed? I know I am! I still can hardly believe we're going to be parents. Isn't life wonderful?
Well, I need to go. I'll post some pics of various things in a sec. Surprise, surprise I gotta go potty.......
Hope everyone's Monday has been bearable!

0 comments: